Programmes and Activities
- Initiating suitable action plan for the meticulous implementation, as per the circulars, directives and suggestions of the Government of Karnataka Urban Development Department, State Urban / Town Planning Board and Town Planning Department for the planned development of the town.
- Preparing local project area Master Plan as per the directions of the government and the approval of the Authority on the advice of the Town Planning Department through outsource contract.
- Approval of private residential / non-residential floor plan designs coming under the Authority’s jurisdiction.
- Providing Technical Opinion / Commencement Certificate for the files relating to building construction received from municipal / Panchayat office as per the Authority’s regulations.
- Providing Technical Opinion to the Revenue Department for conversion of agricultural land for non-agricultural use as per the local project area Master Plan.
- Formulating plan for town beautification, its preservation and improvement.
The Authority is in the process of preparing Local Project Area Master Plan for Madikeri town by taking into consideration, the suggestions, opinions and advice from citizens, government and semi government bodies, non-government organisations (NGOs), local developers, engineers, architects, sociologists, urban designers, economists, industrialists, leaders of important local clubs, associations, institutions and organisations and important local personalities. It will shortly be submitted for sanction by the government after obtaining the approval at General Meeting of the Authority.